Ian and Ruby were so precious at bedtime tonight. I was in Ruby's room trying to get her to bed and she said, "Hug Ian!" and sprinted out of the room. I went into Ian's room to get her and they were cuddling in his bed. She was sucking her thumb with her head on his chest. He said, "Ruby I'll always be your big brother." He said, "You can have Max for the night, I don't need him." Ruby was thrilled and said, "Max!" Max is Ian's favorite stuffed animal, a giraffe. Max has slept with him every night for at least 2 years. Ruby then went back to her room and then her crib with Max. Ian came in to give her a kiss and said, "Don't cry Ruby, I will protect you. I will protect you from bugs, monsters, and bears. Don't be scared." He then went on, "I'm brave and I will protect Ruby from monsters. I will say 'don't get my little sister' and kick them." He then demonstrated the kick (kinda like Kirate Kid). He then said, "I will think about Ruby and dream about her. I will dream about buying toys at Target (his eyes got big)!" He went on, and on, and on...
I'm really enjoying watching Ruby and Ian's relationship grow. I love to see them hold hands and watch Ian's pride in being a big brother. He loves to teach Ruby and tell me all the things she knows. It warms my heart because I always wanted an older brother and I think Ruby is going to really enjoy having him for her brother, at least most of the time.
As it got closer to 9:30pm, he said, "I need someone to help me go to sleep." I put on NPR on the radio in his room and he was out. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment