The children are at daycare, I'm at work, and Chris is at home asleep. Everyone is in their places! It was a tough drive to daycare and work this morning. I was praising my Honda Pilot and it's handling in this weather. I had a sigh of relief when the children were safely at daycare and I was alone on I-295 and I-95 to see all of the cars in ditches and on the side of the road. I was worried about Chris since he would be driving the opposite direction in the 1995 Camry (that just hit 190,000 miles, thanks Mom and Dad). I made it to downtown in a little over an hour, which usually takes 20-25 minutes. Then I had a blizzard-like walk for 4 blocks from the parking deck, but I'm here! Chris called me when he got home safely. He said that the drive was easier than it was on the 1/30/10 when he saw probably 50+ vehicles in ditches, including a State Trooper. He was safe in the Pilot.
I'm thinking about Amanda and Chris in D.C. and our NJ and NY family and friends that are being blasted w/ more snow. I hope they are safe...keeping their electricity and the roofs stay strong.
I stayed home w/ Ruby yesterday. We had fun, lots of reading books and LOTS of yogurt (for her, not me). She didn't seem to feel too bad but I didn't want to push her to make it through daycare again. And she'd just started Amoxicillan that caused some GI symptoms the last time she took it. She didn't want to nap, so she stayed in her crib and jumped, threw out books and stuffed animals, and screamed. After it was clear that she wasn't going to fall asleep she came downstairs to play more and have more yogurt. By 4pm she was DONE and crying at any little thing. She can be pretty intense! So, off to the crib she went! Her screaming woke up Daddy who rescued her from me for a few minutes, until she changed her mind. Then she fell asleep in my arms. And she slept, and slept, and slept. She did not wake up until I woke her at 7am this morning. I kept thinking that she would wake up in the middle of the night to play but, nothing. Ian did wake me at 2:45am to tell me that he went potty ( I was proud of him using the potty during the night) and I escorted him back to bed w/ a couple songs (the easiest ones, Twinkle Twinkle, and Row Row Row Your Boat). Ruby seemed a bit emotional this morning but she pulled it together and seemed to be happy at school. So we'll see...
I've gotta get crackin' on the valentines. I have to help Ian AND Ruby make them this year. And Ian requested that we make Valentine's cookies. Maybe over the weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment