Friday, September 24, 2010

Miss Kate



My niece, Kate, spent the evening with Ruby and me. Chris and Ian were at soccer practice and I asked Meg if we could have a "girls night" at our house, just Kate, Ruby, Molly, and me. Ruby and I picked up Kate from daycare and hid from Cohen so he wouldn't see us leaving without him. I only have 2 carseats, and he's not a girl!

Kate and Ruby enjoyed chicken, green beans, mac & cheese, and oranges. They chatted A LOT about everything. It's a girl thing! Kate will be 4 in November and she is very bright and observant. I was making a chili and cheese baked potato for my dinner. Kate said, "You should make one of those for my mommy, she would like that. You could make her one and cover it up and she could pick it up when she comes." I said, "Good idea but I bet she will have already eaten dinner. I'm going to give her some chili that Chris made to take home. Does she like Chili?" Kate said, "Yes, she likes chili. She goes to Chili's all the time and eats a lot of Chili!"

She asks a ton of questions, much more than Ian does and he's 6 months older. She makes me laugh.

Erik came and picked her up to go home for bed.

This morning Ruby wanted to know where Kate was and just had to wear a dress that "matches Kate's".

Above is one of my favorite photos of Kate. She loves the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment