Tonight we were listening to a Disney CD and "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" came on. I told Ian that it was a song from Mary Poppins. He looked at me and said, "Why did Charlotte die?" I told him that she got very sick and her body could not take it anymore so she went to Heaven. He said, "very, very sick?" I said, "yes". I asked, "Do you miss her?" He said, "yes". He said, "When will she come back from heaven?" I said, "She is now one of God's angels and we can think of her when we see butterflies". He said, "Is she in our heart?" I said, "yes, she's always with us in our heart and our heart will get warmer when we think of her." He said, "Mommy, when I die, I want to become a hyena!" I said, laughing, "Really?, why a hyena?" He said, "Because I love them."
And that was it. It was a very tough but important conversation and then he totally shocks me with his plan to be reborn as a hyena. Geesh!
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment